An Eikon [ī∙kän] is an image of the imagination, a dream. For Zach, founder of ZMF, that is what this first proprietary model represents.
"In developing the Eikon, I took the knowledge gained cutting my teeth on
t50rp mods and applied it to our wood cup design, creating a closed
headphone that won’t make you miss their open-backed counterparts."
The Eikon has the most sub-bass of any ZMF headphone, creating maximum rumble, downward sloping linearity and clear highs. The Eikon, along with the rest of the ZMF line-up, utilizes 300 Ohm drivers which, being higher impedance, also allow the user to hear incremental changes more easily with each alteration of their audio chain.
Currently, the run wood for the LTD Eikon is Bocote. Bocote has a Janka rating of 2010 for a faster sound with less decay and is finished with a sprayed conversion varnish for a warm look and maximum contrast. Learn more about the wood we use in our headphones here.
Headphones may vary from sample photos due to natural wood variance.
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Driver: Biocellulose
- Weight: 600g ± 30g
- Sensitivity: ~98dB/mW
- Bocote Eikon
- Seahorse Case
- ZMF Stock Braided Cable
- ZMF Eikon Solid Pads
- ZMF Owner's Card
- Lifetime Driver Warranty
- The upgraded magnesium chassis is painted, not anodized, and may wear over time.
- All 2-strand upgrade cables are 4.5 feet in length.
- All 4-strand upgrade cables are 5.5 feet in length.
- Only one discounted upgrade cable can be purchased in a bundle with each set of headphones, the stock cable is still included with purchase.
- To add a fully custom cable, check out our cables page!
- LTD edition headphone sales are final and non-returnable.
Production/Wait times for products are estimates, order updates will be sent regularly.