The auteur [ō∙tuhr] in film, is a director that creates films that exude one's own personal style. The ZMF auteur is our most neutral headphone, with a musical personality that allows for infinite audio chain tweaks to find the perfect subjective soundscape.
With the ZMF Auteur, we have created a tuning and headphone platform that allows the listener to "author" their listening experience. The biocellulose driver in the Auteur creates an acoustic picture that is punchy, linear and extended in the highest treble and lowest bass. Rumble and "air" are very present. Our headphones are responsive to all aspects of the audio chain and will truly allow the audiophile the distinct pleasure of artistic control.
Currently, the stock wood for the Auteur is Ambrosia Maple.
Learn more about the wood we use in our headphones here.
Headphones may vary from sample photos due to natural wood variance.
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Driver: Biocellulose
- Weight: 470g ±20g
- Sensitivity: ~97dB/mW
- Ambrosia Maple Auteur
- ZMF Stock Braided Cable
- ZMF Auteur Pads
- Choice of Secondary Pads
- ZMF Owner's Card
- Lifetime Driver Warranty
- Seahorse case
- The upgraded magnesium chassis is painted, not anodized, and may wear over time.
- All 2-strand upgrade cables are 4.5 feet in length.
- All 4-strand upgrade cables are 5.5 feet in length.
- Only one discounted upgrade cable can be purchased in a bundle with each set of headphones, the stock cable is still included with purchase.
- To add a fully custom cable, check out our cables page!
- Stock headphones are returnable within 14 days for a 10% production fee.
- Production/Wait times for products are estimates, order updates will be sent regularly.