Aeolus [é∙o∙los] is known as "the divine keeper of the winds” in Greek mythology and is our answer to those wanting an open-back version of the Atticus.
Providing the soundstage of an open headphone, the Aeolus retains the most celebrated aspects of the Atticus and adds it's own deft touch. Utilizing our TPE membrane driver grants the Aeolus incredibly dynamic movement, adding space and linearity. The Aeolus is the perfect first leap into high end headphones, or the perfect musical compliment to your collection.
Currently, the run wood for the LTD Aeolus is Bocote. Bocote has a Janka rating of 2010 for a faster sound with less decay and is finished with a sprayed conversion varnish for a warm look and maximum contrast.
Learn more about the wood we use in our headphones here.
Headphones may vary from sample photos due to natural wood variance.
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Driver: TPE
- Weight: 500g ±30g
- Sensitivity: ~97dB/mW
- Bocote Aeolus
- ZMF Stock Braided Cable
- Choice of ZMF Perforated Pads
- ZMF Owner's Card
- Seahorse Case
- Lifetime Driver Warranty
- The upgraded magnesium chassis is painted, not anodized, and may wear over time.
- All 2-strand upgrade cables are 4.5 feet in length.
- All 4-strand upgrade cables are 5.5 feet in length.
- Only one discounted upgrade cable can be purchased in a bundle with each set of headphones, the stock cable is still included with purchase.
- To add a fully custom cable, check out our cables page!
- Stock headphones are returnable within 14 days for a 10% production fee.
- Production/Wait times for products are estimates, order updates will be sent regularly.