Aeolus [é∙o∙los] is known as "the divine keeper of the winds” in Greek mythology and is our answer to those wanting an open-back version of the Atticus.
Providing the soundstage of an open headphone, the Aeolus retains the most celebrated aspects of the Atticus and adds it's own deft touch. Utilizing our TPE membrane driver grants the Aeolus incredibly dynamic movement, adding space and linearity. The Aeolus is the perfect first leap into high end headphones, or the perfect musical compliment to your collection.
Currently, the run wood for the LTD Aeolus is Canarywood. Canary has a Janka rating of 1510 for a faster sound with less decay and is finished with a satin Osmo hand applied varnish for a warm and classy finish. Canary wood can vary a fair amount, from a pale yellow-orange to a darker reddish brown, usually with darker streaks throughout, it will darken some with time. We cannot guarantee a specific look or color pallet due to the natural wood variance.
Learn more about the wood we use in our headphones here.
Headphones may vary from sample photos due to natural wood variance.
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Driver: TPE
- Weight: 500g ±30g (with aluminum chassis)
- Sensitivity: ~97dB/mW
- Canary Aeolus
- ZMF Stock Braided Cable
- Choice of ZMF Perforated Pads
- ZMF Owner's Card
- Seahorse Case
- Lifetime Driver Warranty
- The stock cable is always sent in an alternate termination from the OFC cable chosen, and is based on current ZMF Inventory.
- The upgraded magnesium chassis is painted, not anodized, and may wear over time. Magnesium reduces weight by 34g.
- Only one discounted upgrade cable can be purchased in a bundle with each set of headphones, the stock cable is still included with purchase.
- To add a fully custom cable, check out our cables page!