The auteur [ō∙tuhr] in film, is a director that creates films that exude one's own personal style. The ZMF auteur is a linear headphone, with a musical personality that allows for infinite audio chain tweaks to find the perfect subjective soundscape.
This LTD is from a batch of European Curly Ash that was discovered by my favorite wood dealer and then set aside for me because he thought I'd want it. He was right! I have been waiting a few years to buy more ash because I wanted to find the right stuff, and here it is. Prominent and thick grain, wavy and slightly chatoyant heartwood, and a mix of quartered and rift cuts makes for the perfect ash to go through the Shou-Sugi-Ban practice with.
This Euro Curly Ash Auteur Classic is literally burnt wood, so there may be a faint smell of burnt ash and the burn marks will be incongruent and artful at times. Ash wood may have other aberrations like resin marks and the grain and cut of each piece will be fairly congruent and have like grain. These sets are finished with a satin hard wax oil will a light golden hue.
Learn more about the wood we use in our headphones here.
Headphones may vary from sample photos due to natural wood variance.
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Driver: Biocellulose
- Weight: 490g ± 30g (aluminum)
- Sensitivity: ~96dB/mW
- EU Ash Auteur Classic
- ZMF Stock Braided Cable
- ZMF Auteur Pads
- ZMF Owner's Card
- Seahorse Case
- Lifetime Driver Warranty
- The stock cable is always sent in an alternate termination from the OFC cable chosen, and is based on current ZMF Inventory.
- The upgraded magnesium chassis is painted, not anodized, and may wear over time. Magnesium reduces weight by 34g.
- Only one discounted upgrade cable can be purchased in a bundle with each set of headphones, the stock cable is still included with purchase.
- To add a fully custom cable, check out our cables page!