The auteur [ō∙tuhr] in film, is a director that creates films that exude one's own personal style. The ZMF auteur is a linear headphone, with a musical personality that allows for infinite audio chain tweaks to find the perfect subjective soundscape.
With the ZMF Auteur Classic, I've revamped ZMF's original open dynamic headphone, and "added" air, resolution, dynamic range and a smoother, blacker sound while retaining everything that the original auteur was and is. Named to honor the original, the auteur classic is a true original, the first open ZMF, and the headphone we would recommend over all other's if you haven't owned a ZMF before.
Currently, the LTD wood for the Auteur Classic is Marblewood. Grain lines will vary depending on wood cut. Marblewood is finished in a satin hard wax finish.
Learn more about the wood we use in our headphones here.
Headphones may vary from sample photos due to natural wood variance.
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Driver: Biocellulose
- Weight: 530g ± 30g (aluminum)
- Sensitivity: ~96dB/mW
- Marblewood Auteur Classic
- ZMF Stock Braided Cable
- ZMF Auteur Pads
- ZMF Owner's Card
- Lifetime Driver Warranty
- Seahorse case
- The stock cable is always sent in an alternate termination from the OFC cable chosen, and is based on current ZMF Inventory.
- The upgraded magnesium chassis is painted, not anodized, and may wear over time. Magnesium reduces weight by 34g.
- Only one discounted upgrade cable can be purchased in a bundle with each set of headphones, the stock cable is still included with purchase.
- To add a fully custom cable, check out our cables page!