120V IN STOCK!
Bought a ZMF lately and looking for a bundle discount? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Decware Taboo was the first "good" tube amp I heard years ago at a head-fi meet in southern NH...the 3-dimensional, punchy and ethereal sound is one that still haunts me to this day. Fast forward, and I've been extremely lucky to not only get to know Steve Deckert (the ZenMaster), but also to swap gear, and now to have a Decware OTL designed just for, and alongside the ZMF Atrium.
The project started in 2021 as I was designing the Atrium headphones, as I sent Steve a prototype Atrium, and he custom tweaked and tuned the Decware CSP 3 and implemented all the mods and additions to the amp to make it a TOTL reference quality OTL amp. I have to agree with Steve, the combo of the OTL and high impedance dynamics (and other more sensitive models above 50 ohms) is the best I've ever heard most of these headphones.
NOTE: This amp likely will not power many planar magnetic headphones. Comes with USA Vintage 5u4g, 6N6P Matched Set, 6N1P
- 5U4G Rectifier, 6N6P Drivers, 6DJ8/ECC88/6922/6N1P input
- 2 x XLR Jacks, 2 x 1/4" Jacks
- 2 x RCA L/R Inputs
- 1 x RCA Pre-Amp output
- Dual L/R VU Meters
- 49 ohm output impedance
- 450 mW @ 250 ohms
- 25th Anniversary Decware Mod
- RCA Input Voltage Attenuation Knobs, perfect the voltage input per source
- Highly Adaptable Rectifiers, use 274B, GZ34, 5Y3, GZ32 and most 5V rectifiers
- Bypass Cathode Filter on/off switch to go between refined/linear sound or unadulterated OTL euphony
- High Capacity Mallory Coupling Capacitors
- Optimized for use as a pre-amp
NOTE: Amps are listed per SKU, and will be sold with a rough estimate of the wait time